In the event of bad weather, Victory FC has the following policy in place:
Snow/Rain: If there is snow and/or rain that is dangerous in which to play or would put the players in a vulnerable position to get sick, we will most likely cancel trainings or games. If there is a light rain that occurs, we may continue if a coach feels that it does not put the children in a position to get sick or does not hamper training at all.
- Cold Weather:
- For Year Born Teams, 2009-2014 (Victory Rush Competitive Teams, Euro-South America Division): If the weather is 33 degrees or above at the start of training/games (not necessarily all of training/games), then training is on. If it is 34 degrees or less at the beginning of training, then training will be cancelled.
- For Year Born Teams, 2015-2016 (North America Division): If the weather is 40 degrees or above at the start of training/games (not necessarily all of training/games), then training is on. If it is 39 degrees or less at the beginning of training, then training will be cancelled.
- For Year Born Teams, 2017/2018 (Africa Division): If the weather is 45 degrees or above at the start of training/games (not necessarily all of training/games), then training is on. If it is 44 degrees or less at the beginning of training, then training will be cancelled.
- NOTE: We also take into consideration what the weather “Feels Like….” according to www.weather.com which includes windchill. Though not our ultimate determinator over whether or not training goes forward, we take this into consideration as the children’s health and safety is our number one concern.
- PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR CHILD IS DRESSED APPROPRIATELY WITH WARM CLOTHING UNDERNEATH HIS/HER UNIFORM WITH HATS AND GLOVES. Victory is not responsible for the warmth and comfort of your child during training and games as we expect parents to dress them appropriately.
- Lightning: If there is a lightning strike 10 miles or closer, then training/games will be delayed for 30 minutes until there has not been a strike. After the 2rd significant delay, training/games will most likely be cancelled, and parents will be responsible to come pick up their children as soon as possible. Children will be kept under a safe shelter until it is safe to resume training/game or go home with parents. For more information on lightning and youth sports safety, please see the following website….. LIGHTNING
- Bad Field Conditions: Though not common, trainings or games can be cancelled due to bad and unsafe field conditions, such as when there is still unmelted snow on the field and/or too much mud. Victory will do its best to communicate as far in advance as possible so parents will know if trainings/games are on or off.
- Communication will come from your coach and/or site director regarding training/game cancellations.
- If a game or training needs to be cancelled for weather-related reasons, Victory will do its best to communicate at least 1 hour before training/game to the email through which you registered or through your team’s chat section with SportsEngine .
- Parents are responsible to check their email and team chat section prior to training regarding any weather related issues.
- If there is any question regarding a potential cancellation due to weather, please wait until 1 hour before training or game to call your coach to inquire if training is on or not as Colorado weather changes very quickly. If you don’t hear from us, assume that training is on until you hear differently.
- Victory may cancel training before the 1 hour mark prior to training/game if the weather is obviously not going to be good enough to train/play.
- If you don’t hear anything from Victory, then assume training is on.
- Write your team coach if you are not sure or need clarification on any weather related issues.
If you have any questions or need clarification on Victory’s weather policy, please do not hesitate to call or write us at the below contact information.